Sunday, September 2, 2012

Horsin Around

I can kind of laugh about this now..but it sure wasn't funny when it happened.  So, a few weeks before I was due to have the baby Nate called me on his way home from work and said they had stopped at a friends house.  About an hour later I get another call that he is headed to the ER and that he has been thrown off a horse.

This is the before picture.  Things look harmless right?

I called my mom very upset and asked her to come and get Carter to bed so I could meet Nate.  I was already pretty emotional with the pregnancy and all of the thoughts that went through my head on the way to the hospital made it worse. They did x rays on his shoulder and ankle and said nothing was broken, he'd just be sore for a few weeks.  Well a few weeks came and went and he was still in a lot of pain.  He went to the podiatrist and they did an ultrasound on his ankle, come to find out he actually ruptured his achilles tendon...in the same ankle he just had surgery on last November.  He needed to have surgery to repair it.  So it was scheduled the Friday after Axl was born.  Perfect timing huh?
He also had an MRI on his shoulder.  He had a tear and separation both which will just heal with time. Luckily!  
No more horse rides for this guy. Please. 

This was some of the bruising before surgery



No comments:

Post a Comment