Thursday, February 7, 2013

Just a fever...not.

This little boy has had us in the ER twice...the first time was just a scare.  He was constipated and the Dr. gave me some colace liquid to try.  I had no idea that the taste of it was so horrible and I gave him some and he started gagging.  It wasn't just a cough...he couldn't catch his breath and it scared us to death so we rushed him to Tooele to be checked out.  Luckily, everything was fine.  But...no more colace.

This time around he woke up from his nap and had a fever so I checked his temp and it was almost 102.  I decided to take him into the walk in clinic at the pediatricians office.  I waited for almost 1 1/2 hours and then when I did see the Dr. his fever was almost 103.  Since he wasn't 90 days old they sent me to Primary Children's ER.  Nate had to work the next day so he was home with Carter.  My mom went to Salt Lake with me.  When we arrived I had no idea what we were in for! Apparently a fever with an infant is more serious than I thought.  They ended up admitting him and we stayed for 3 days.  After an IV, urine sample, and a spinal tap no infection was found other than the common cold.


The IV and spinal tap were horrible to witness! I hope I never have to do it again.




This bed doesn't look very nice...but I was very happy to see it at 4 am!

Came to visit brother 



Let's go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment