Monday, June 10, 2013

The newest addition to the Brown Family....Winston

Nate has always wanted an English Bulldog and a very specific one at that...brown brindle with one eye patch.  I have been thinking about getting him one for quite a while.  I thought that if I was able to find one for his birthday it would be perfect timing.  The kids are old enough (kind of) and its warm outside for house breaking.
I started searching in January and found a breeder in Lehi.  She had two litters that were going to be due in February.  I told her specifically what I was looking for and she said she would contact me after they were born.  Well on February 20th I got an email that one of her dog had 3 brindle puppies and 2 had eye patches.  One boy and one girl. From there we exchanged about 50 emails and I actually went to Lehi when they were about 3 weeks old to decide which one I wanted.  (All of this was done without Nate knowing...having NO clue)
Meeting him for the first time. 

So, once he was 7 weeks old it was time to arrange to pick him up.  I was really torn because I wanted Nate to see his Mom or Dad but I wasn't sure how to get him to Lehi without telling him why we were going.  The lady I bought him from said she would be willing to bring him to Grantsville so we created a plan.  She was going to bring his dad (Rocky) with her and we would meet at the park.  I knew once Nate saw a bulldog he would want to go see him and then we would just improvise from there. 

Well...the Tuesday we decided to meet it was freezing.  It actually snowed that morning. I told Nate we had to go to the park because I had promised Carter...well then the lady was running almost an hour late.  We finally made it to the park but there were like 3 soccer games going on so Nate didn't even want to go, then when I convinced him to park he didn't want to get out.  He thought he should just keep the baby in the car.  I told him to wrap him up and get him out.  Just as he was walking to the park he saw her walking the bulldog and pointed him out.  We went over to talk to her (even though I had to  spark the conversation) we started asking if she bred her dogs and the specifics.  She said she has a business card in the car and she would go get it...so he followed her over and told me to go put the kids in the jeep....so in the meantime she walked up to him with the puppy and told him Happy Birthday. He was in SHOCK to say the least. 
Carter was also a little shocked but so happy.  The lady kept trying to talk to Nate and give him all the details and Carter could just not wrap his head around it.  He kept asking the lady "this puppy came from your belly?!" It was so funny

Had to go to Gma's to pick up all the "stuff" (food, kennel, bedding, treats, etc)

He has fit in pretty well but you forget that having a puppy is just like a baby except they don't wear diapers! The boys love him but he can get rough and he has the sharpest teeth I have ever seen on a puppy.  He is settling in and we are all getting used to each other. 






He has gotten so big so fast! He is heavy and his paws are huge!









1 comment: