Tuesday, January 17, 2012

October

Shed
Nate bought a shed kit from Sutherlands and he is building it to store all of his tools in.  He was trying to get the walls up before winter and Carter enjoyed "helping"





Garth
Yes, we are on a first name basis.  :-) We spent the weekend in Las Vegas with Rick and Amy and went to the Garth Brooks concert at the Wynn.  
We stayed at the Summer Bay resort...it was SO nice.  We just hung out on Friday after we got there and then went to the Bellagio buffet for dinner.  Saturday we went to breakfast and then took a drive to the Hoover Damn.  We met Aubrie, her sister Emily and her husband Jimmy for dinner at Binions for dinner.  I must say it was one of the best meals I have ever had! After dinner we headed to the concert and I can say without a doubt that it was the best concert I have ever been too.  Not just a concert...this is one of my top 5 all time life experiences ever.  Seriously.  
Sunday we got up late and got on the road for home.  Viva Las Vegas. 
Some pics of the room...biggest bathtub I have ever seen.



There was a strict no pictures policy once we got in.  So, we got this before he came out.  Just him and his guitar, I think he sat down once.  He basically just used the stool for his water bottle.



Work Trip
I had a training class that I had to attend in Portland the last week of October.  Nate was able to come until Thursday and then Carter and I stayed through the weekend.  We were able to go to one of Jakes football games...it was freezing, but Carter had a great time.  




We spent the weekend in Newport and went to the aquarium for the Halloween celebration.  

I rented the stroller for $5 and the kids thought it was the best thing ever.  They took turns. 











Duck waddling....

Heading home...
The overall trip was nice because we got to see our Oregon family, but it was also pretty hectic.  Our flight didn't leave SLC until 9 pm because we had just driven back from Las Vegas that day.  Carter did not stop screaming from the time the flight landed until about 5 minutes before we got to the hotel.  I was given a lincoln town car for a rental and it was quite the beauty, normally I would've gone back but Carter couldn't take waiting any longer. The hotel was small and not kid friendly and to top it all off the whole reason I went to the class was to get the software and I had nothing but problems with my computer.  

Expecting!!
I also found out in October that we were expecting baby #2. I being the key word since no one else knew until late November.  I decided to keep it a secret this time and maybe everything would be ok and it worked.  It was pretty easy keeping it from Nate until I got sick and wanted some sympathy but I held out. I had HCG blood draws early on and the numbers were good.  I saw my Dr when I was 9 weeks and had an ultraound for a viability check.  Everything looked great. When I saw Dr. Vered he asked where Nate was and I told him he didn't know I was pregnant.  He was so shocked and wanted to know how WE were going to tell him. It was so funny.  We love that guy.  I told Nate a few days before we left for Oregon in November to celebrate Thanksgiving.  We told Nate's family when we got there.  He had on his "I am going to be a big brother t-shirt" and we told my family the same way when we got home at our Thanksgiving dinner.  He wore the shirt at least 4 times and I didn't get one picture. 



I have no idea why this is upside down, oh well.

1 comment: