Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy Birthday

HaPpY BiRtHdAy KaRi!


Happy Birthday to a great sister, wife, daughter, mother and friend.  I thought about trying to find a picture of us when we were little..like sitting next to each other hugging...but I figured I wouldn't waste my time because the truth is, we didn't like each other.  True story..Kari wanted my dad to take me back to the hospital and that is where the trouble started.  I did more than my fair share to not spark the friendship.  I stole $5 from Kari when I was 8, that really sent the friendship into a downward spiral.  I think if we wouldn't have been forced to share a room we might have gotten along a little bit better.  But as many of you know, Kari is a perfectionist and I wasn't the cleanest person so trying to share a room didn't work out so well.  She also blamed me for giving her head lice when she was in 8th grade; well, the fact that we shared a bed was probably the reason why.... One day Kari was home sick from school, I think I was a freshman so she would have been a Junior (side note: we didn't speak or acknowledge each other in the halls at high school) I came home from school and she was asleep in my parents bed.  I opened the door and she sat straight up in bed and said, "No Kami, you are not wearing my wedding dress!" I just closed the door and walked away.  I am sure she was dreaming...or at least I think she was.  

Anyway, the reason I share all of this is to prove that we have come a long way.  I can honestly say that my sister Kari is my best friend (my mom always warned us this would happen, of course we didn't believe her) and I know she would do anything for me.  I look up to her and respect her and hope to be as good of a mother as she is.  

4 comments:

  1. You're the best! Thanks you just made my day--now go ride a 4-wheeler and get that baby here before midnight:)
    Love ya:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post. I didn't ever know you didn't like each other!! I'm glad you do now. You're both wonderful!

    Happy Birthday Kari-Sue-Pooh!

    ReplyDelete